Liam has grown so much since his last update post. He talks non-stop and knows his colors and shapes. His little personality is silly as ever with a tornado of attitude. This update is full of exciting things!
This update is everything from 18 months to about his second birthday.
- He loves being silly and messing around.
- For an example: You ask him for kisses and he just smiles and looks away.
- He runs away and hides when he wants you to chase him.
- If Liam wants you to be with him he either pulls your legs to come to where he wants you or says “sit” and pats the area he wants you to sit with him.
- If you are hurt he asks “you okay?”
- Sits in your lap when he wants you to read with him.
- He will go to the front door and say outside if he wants to go play on the slide.
- He will copy what you do or say like for an example if the guys cheer at the screen when the game is intense he will to.
- If he does not want to do something he will say “no book” or “no(insert thing)”.
- He gets angry if you do not let him do something he really wants to do and yells NO. But he gets over things fairly quickly.
- He asks for “animals” his kid apps on my phone.
- He occasionally says “pie pie” for potty when he wants to use the bathroom. We are slowly introducing the potty to him.
- He says please and thank you without prompting most of time.
- He can say MANY words now.
- outside, slide, cup, book, please, thank-you, potty, many animals names, colors, shapes, Bert(uncle Bert), nana, papa, down, sit, eat, and more!
- He still uses the please sign and all done.
- He will point at things when he wants them.
- As mentioned above he will pat the ground or chair when he wants you to sit.
- He puts his fingers to his mouth and says “eat” when he’s hungry.
- He will point at mommy and say “momma”, point to daddy and say “dada” and so on.
- He will match shapes and colors.
- He knows his colors and shapes now and will say them.
- He has been great at putting things in size order.
- He has been using some fun learning apps and can do matching puzzles.
- Remembers where his toys or books go.
- Knows where things are hidden like his crayons in the closet.
Fine Motor Skills
- Uses utensils.
- Can use a normal cup with minimal spilling.
- Tries to put on pants or shirts or socks.
- Can place puzzles pieces in the right spot a little easier now.
- Can put his sandals on all by himself.
- Stacks blocks.
- Uses crayons.
- He loves dinosaurs, trucks and cars, animals, trains, airplanes, and books.
- He likes to play with his learning apps on my phone.
- He will sings ABC’s but it sounds more like “eo eo eo e”.
- He loves to be chased and hides.
- He LOVES playing outside and going down slides. He doesn’t care for swings.
- He loves playing in the bathtub with the bubbles while splashing and moving around.
- He loves playing in the bay or lake.
- He loves making animal noises or pretending to be a dinosaur.
- He likes throwing the rugby ball.
- He loves throwing rocks into the water.
- He loves sitting down and reading books with mom or dad.
- He loves trains and making its sound.
Changes these past months
- I weaned him completely from breastfeeding at 20 months.
- Grown one size from 12 month to 18 months but is fitting into 24 months recently.
- Having is diaper change!
- Going to bed.
- Listening to mommy and daddy(we are working on the no phase)
- Eating anything his mommy makes him besides sandwiches, bananas, or fruit snacks. He is at the phase of being so picking and doesn’t even try things.
- Says no to many commands and we have to redirect him.
- Sometimes when he’s very frustrated or does not want to do what we say he will get red in the face and yell NO. I have learned to approach him in a calmer manner to help him calm down instead of being firm. He starts to cry when he gets this way and will want to hug me for comfort. He seems scared of his own anger. I have learned how to avoid this altogether but sometimes we are human and get angry.
- He will repeat things we do not want him to do until we physically remove him or ask him “do you want to go to bed”?
- We choose to spank occasionally but I have learned what works without having to use that method. My husband can be more patient than me with dealing with situations that are frustrating involving Liam’s cooperation such as not wanting to eat dinner; Ben will try helping him try food. I tend to get upset and tell Liam to eat rather than sit there and help him.
- Liam wants to be on the go and ALWAYS curious so he tends to get in trouble. Curious George!
- He is very smart so he gets bored easily and wants to do this or that and has a hard time playing on his own because he is so social! If I leave the room long enough he entertains himself!
Two Year Appointment
- 26 pounds
- Up to date on shots.
- Will find the paper where it says height!
Two years have flown by so quickly! He is such a ham and being a parent is both hard and a joy! One thing I have learned is going with your gut and knowing what your child needs rather than googling or Facebooking EVERYTHING. I took time off of Facebook for Lent(not Catholic) and it was so refreshing. Take some time away from the distractions and stress and you will find your rhythm as a parent.