Liam seems to be growing up at a faster rate lately. In the past month he has learned quite a few things and changing into a little boy. The little baby is fading away and this momma is feeling a sense of disbelief that she will no longer have a baby. He has almost outgrown his crib and barley fits his toy jumper. The only thing I can hold onto is that he still breastfeeds so he needs my comfort still.
A few new things lately:
- He can now say “Uh Oh” and it is completely adorable. He still doesn’t say many words at 16 months. He can say dadda, momma, tree, and now uh oh. He does baby talk all day long though and you can tell he is using his vocal cards differently to almost distinguish between a question or sentence.
- He signs more, thank you, please, and sometimes all done. But only when he wants to.
- He pulls himself up onto our chairs and sits up to the table.
- Two upper back teeth are cutting through so he has been cranky and clingy.
- He is very emotional lately and learning how to manage his emotions.
- We thought he had reflux at night or night terrors when he was acting really odd for a couple of weeks, but it turns out he had a growth spurt and was teething. We had an appointment that confirmed he grew a little quite quickly and also later I noticed two teeth had cut through.
Lately Liam has been screaming bloody murder at night until I nurse him. And sometimes doesn’t like me putting him back down to bed and screams again. He’s not colicky and it is not night terrors. But seriously, this new thing on top of him waking up a billion times at night is killing me!
We have no idea why he’s acting this way! He sounds like he’s being tortured.
I have a routine at night, make sure he’s eaten, and make sure he’s not cold.
What gives?!!! -December 17, 2016
There are a few things that he already has been doing like stacking blocks but he is perfecting that skill. The same with climbing and keeping his balance while running.
Liam is still Breastfeeding, but he is slowly nursing less during the day when we are not at daycare. He now just nurses at night or before nap. I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel. And perhaps he will finally sleep through the night as well soon.
I cannot believe this little guy will be a year and a half very soon! Our life is so blessed!
Liam’s second Christmas was fun and it was our first time buying a real Christmas tree. His second time going to see Santa did not go as well as last year, however he liked playing with the car. We had a nice Holiday season!