*I will first point out that I am a Beachbody Coach. You can watch THIS video about why I became a coach. Today’s post is my honest opinion and results. If you are in need of motivation or accountability with exercise or nutrition, email me at kristinadstone @ gmail dot com or message me on my facebook page HERE. You can also find me on my facebook fitness page, Coach K Fitness. I can set you with a program that meets your lifestyle and needs. Do you want to look back with regret or with a new found confidence?
Insanity-What is it all about?
*Information from Team Beachbody
Trainer: Shaun T
- Creator of INSANITY and Hip Hop Abs®, he’s a former track and field star.
- Graduated from Rowan University, received a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Science with a minor in Theater and Dance.
- Transform your body in 60 days with the hardest workout put on DVD.
- You’ll push yourself to your limits with this extreme cardio challenge. No weights or equipment required, just the will to make it through.
How Insanity WORKS
- Get into shape in record time with Max Interval Training. You’ll perform long bursts of high-intensity exercise, followed by shorter periods of rest—the opposite of traditional cardio methods.
- Adding high-intensity exercise, during which your heart rate increases to 80% or more of its maximum capacity, forces your body to use fast-twitch muscle fibers not normally engaged in cardio exercise. These fast-twitch fibers continue burning extra fuel even during lower-intensity exercise.
- You can burn up to 1,000 calories per workout, and get lean and ripped without any weights or equipment.
- Shaun T explains the moves very well and challenges yet encourages the viewer.
Insanity is FOR
- Anyone who is ready for a fitness challenge and wants to get into the best shape of their life.
- It’s an advanced program that’s meant to challenge even very fit athletes. But anyone can go at their own pace until they’re ready to meet this ultimate challenge.
- Anyone who wants to improve their cardio.
Insanity is NOT for
- Beginners, pregnant women, obese people, people who aren’t willing to work hard, people who don’t consistently do high-impact exercise.
What do YOU need to be successful with INSANITY (space/equipment/supplements)?
- Space: Just enough room to perform cardio in place, move side-to-side, jump, and do floor exercises. A small living room space should do the trick
- Equipment: No equipment is required but a jump mat is helpful to make for a more comfortable workout. (A jump mat is included in the Deluxe Kit.)
- Supplements that are recommended include:
- Shakeology®: This ultra-premium nutrition shake promotes digestive health, energy, and even weight loss.*
- Beachbody PerformanceTM Energize Pre-Workout supplement with key ingredients to help boost your energy, sharpen your focus, push harder, and last longer.*
- Beachbody Performance Recover Post-Workout supplement, with key ingredients shown to help combat exercise-induced muscle soreness and speed muscle recovery to help you accelerate your fitness results.*
- Fitness Guide includes your Fit Test and gets you working out fast.
- The fit test is every two weeks and you write down your reps and compare.
- Elite Nutrition Plan provides tips and recipes to fuel your intense training.
- if you are breastfeeding like me, you adjust accordingly
- Wall Calendar helps you track your workouts.
- takes the guess work out and easy to follow
What to do BEFORE you start the program?
- Talk with your Beachbody Coach(if that is me contact me, I will be in contact with you) and go over your goals and WRITE those down
- Take your BEFORE photos-back, front, side and you can flex as well as the three basic photos. Keep in mind these should be the same workout clothes you use in the AFTER photos. ALSO, try to be in just shorts and sports bra to SEE all changes.
- Take your MEASUREMENTS and the program has instructions on how to do so.
- Throw out any junk food, soda, or food that will keep you off track.
- Go grocery shopping and make meals that go with the nutrition guide.
- Get good workout shoes and get workout clothes if need.
What to do AFTER you finish the FIRST round of 60 days of the program?
- Take your AFTER photos in the SAME POSES AND CLOTHES as the BEFORE photos to get the BEST photo results.
- Take your AFTER measurements.
- SHARE your results with your Coach, family, and friends to motivate others to live a healthy life!
- Go onto your Team Beachbody account(it is the one you sign up with when you order) and go to the Beachbody Challenge tab, then the Take the Challenge and do STEP TWO and INSERT your results to receive a FREE Insanity t-shirt and be in the drawing to win MONEY!
Why I wanted to try out Insanity
- Improve my cardio because I get winded very easily
- Get in even more shape
- Prove to myself I can complete this extreme program
Did I accomplish these things?
- My cardio did improve and each week I was better than the last
- I am in way more shape than I have ever been in my life and I had a baby last year via c-section; and breastfeed! It can be done.
- I finished and feel proud. I can say I did that crazy Insanity program!
How did I feel after?
- More energy
- I feel firmer and my clothes are too big! I see a Target stop soon.
- I am more flexible and can carry Liam more comfortably because he is over 20 lbs!
Tips to keep in mind during this program that I learned personally
- ALWAYS have water at hand-you will NEED IT or you will have a hard time finishing.
- EAT something before the workout in order to NOT feel winded or dizzy.
- Remember, even the trainer NEEDS to take breaks. Just jump back in when you can.
- Keep FORM always! When you cannot, take a break until you CAN.
- If you are feeling down, just TRUST the process! You WILL see RESULTS after the initial 60 days. You can do it AGAIN and AGAIN for desired results.
- Remember, COMMITMENT is doing something even when the motivating feeling you had in the beginning goes away. Nothing hard comes easy, but the life you will have is WORTH it!
- INVESTING in yourself is a long mental progress that is scary or hard, however it is the BEST thing for your family, your self image, and your health.
- You WILL FAIL sometimes, and that is OKAY. You learn what to do next time and KEEP GOING!
- Look at this as a LIFESTYLE, not a diet or just working out to loose weight. To MAINTAIN all your HARD WORK, you must keep the habits. It does not mean you have to be EXTREME all the time. I was/am NEVER perfect with any of these programs. It is learning to portion control, moderation, and adding HEALTHY habits and food into your life. And letting go of other habits. BALANCE. I am taking a break on the more intense workouts right now. It has been two weeks. However, I am starting another workout program soon. Give yourself some time to refocus. You can wear yourself out or you can get overwhelmed.
STARTING weight: 129.8 lbs
ENDING weight: 124.4 lbs
Total weight loss: 5.4 lbs!
Fit Test Results:
Day one: from first move to the last
86, 46, 60, 20, 5 circles-stopped at 11 mins
Last Fit test: from first move to last
75,50,65,26,10,19,19,57-finished the fit test!
Let me be YOUR Beachbody Coach!
You can either contact me HERE, email me kristinadstone @ gmail dot com, or if you want to do it on your own, click this LINK to order. After you order I will contact you with the email you provided and we can discuss your goals and needs. If you do not order through me, you will be placed with a random coach. Let me be your coach today!
Why choose me as your coach?
- I have been a coach for two years.
- I have personal experience with many of the programs and shakeology.
- I am a mother, had a c-section, and breastfeed and can help other mothers achieve success and happiness after baby.
- I LOVE to help others and see them succeed and be there when they fail. I am YOUR pick me up!
- I strive to be that positive thing in YOUR life.
- I am committed to CHANGE in not only the physical, but emotional, spiritual, and mental. It all works together to achieve health.
- You will help me stay home with my son and help our family.
- if you are interested on working at home, contact me!
Who am I looking for?
- People who are interested in changing their life and sticking to it
- People who stay committed and consistant
- People who want to be coached and be checked up on
- People who need help with nutrition and portion control
- People who want to work at home and help others
- People who need help with what workouts they should do
Not sure what a Beachbody Coach is? We simply provide you with solutions to create a healthier lifestyle such as Beachbody products and programs, answer any questions you have regarding Beachbody programs or products, and is your accountability partner that you can count on. Each coach is different and has different backgrounds. We are not fitness or nutrition experts, we simply represent Beachbody and living a healthier lifestyle. You are also placed in a challenge group on facebook or the Beachbody app to get inspiration and motivation with other like minded people. That is the key to success!
What is stopping you today?