I was contacted by biketopower.com to try out this product and do an honest review. I was not paid to write this, however this is a free product.
I walk often to the park with my 8 month old son Liam. It takes us about 50 mins there and back. When I was contacted to try this product out, I was very interested! A SmartPhone Mount for a stroller( bike, golf bag, shopping cart, etc) is exactly something I would use. I usually just put my phone in the top compartment on my stroller. But this devise helps in the following ways:
I am almost hands free when using my phone
- As mentioned, I usually have my phone in the top container on my stroller. I will have my music on and we are off to the park. However, I have to stop to adjust the volume, or song. If I get a phone call, I also have to stop what I am doing. I have to use both hands to use my phone.
- But with this Stroller mount I can easily touch it while walking. If I get a phone call, I can have it on speaker phone and talk to the person as I walk to my destination.
- If I want to change the song it is also easy to do with out stopping.
- You only need to use one finger to swipe.
This will be helpful for those with multiple kids
- When Liam is older this product will be nice to have that way when he is walking along side me and our next is in the stroller, I can have more hands to keep him near and also use my phone if needed.
This will be a great product for the grocery cart
- Again, same as above as in why this would be great during your shopping trip.
How to Use:
- Use the alcohol pad to clean your phone or phone case before pressing on the mount.
- Peal and then press mount onto the back of your phone or case and hold for a few seconds.
- Instructions shows this holds for 24 hrs. However, it actually just shows the 24 hr icon. It doesn’t instruct how to take off. I actually let it stay on for weeks because I used it for more than one day and also was stuck on very tight. Eventually, I had to use a knife to help pull it off. It was on there really tight, which is good so your phone doesn’t fall. But it was hard to get off. The adhesive is now unuseable, but the mount is still good. The kit came with two so I can use the other mount to stick on the back of the phone. I wish it was better at explaining how to use the mount and how long you can use it. If you only can use it for one day, that is a little odd to me because that means you have to replace it all the time. That would be spendy. Unless it is still able to be used again to stick onto the back of the phone instead of breaking off the mount like it did to me and no longer able to use the adhesive.
- I checked the website and the universal adaptor is not sold separately. I cannot find anything about how to use it or how many uses you get out of the adhesive.
- Put the Flexi Mount strap onto the stroller where you like and make sure it is firm so it stays.
- Once the strap is in place, you twist the adaptor onto the strap.
I like this product because it is something I would use. It is great for the reasons mentioned above and I would recommend a product like this one. The only problem I have is that it is not clear to me how long the adhesive will last. I do not want the adaptor to stay on the back of my phone. I also do not want to buy a kit again just to use the product. Edit: Below is a statement from the company regarding my issue. I appreciate their service and contact. My only concern is that the product itself and the website did not show me this option so for those who buy this without this review may come to this problem as well.
Message from the company regarding my issue:
The adapter uses a strong adhesive which is meant to keep it on the device permanently and reliably. Once removed, the adhesion strength is not guaranteed. Because of that, many of the customers prefer to adhere the adapter to a phone / device case rather than the device itself. We provide two adapters for the customer’s convenience so that the more than one device can be used, or more than one phone case can be utilized. Let me know if this helps and if you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Petrina