Packing a baby hospital bag is more simple than one may think. Here is a list of what I feel is the only things you will need during your stay at the hospital after your baby is born.
Tip: Try to keep it simple!
1. Receiving/burp rags
- These are generally great to have for many reasons. The main reason is for spit up or any body fluids that may get on the baby or you.
- They are great for using a blanket or covering up during a nursing session when guests are there.
- NOTE: They provide this as well, however it is nice to have softer ones that you may have brought.
2. Two pairs of baby clothes
- Your baby will most likely be skin to skin with you or wrapped up in a receiving blanket in their bed, so clothes are not very important the first day or so.
- Two pairs of clothes is great for a photo shoot at the hospital and going away outfit.
- Also good to have an extra incase of accidents.
- This includes pants, onesie, socks, and hat.
3. Baby Butt Paste
- Figure out what type and brand of baby butt rash cream you want because it is great incase they need it.
- This is a no brainer, but it is a must to have before leaving with baby.
Things Hospitals Provide For You
- Diapers and Wipes
- Baby Thermometer
- Formula(if you don’t want to nurse or need it for other reasons)
- Nose Squeezy