|He was hiccuping in this picture. 🙂|
This week has been a struggle in many ways. Although I am doing real well and so is Liam, I have had many times where I have felt very overwhelmed.
I have been a little blue lately. It is nothing bad enough for medication trust me, but I guess my hormones are on overdrive and reality is setting in so many things are overwhelming me.
What is overwhelming me?
- I would like a few more things for Liam, so I mentally don’t feel prepared although we have most essentionals.
- Labor and delivery feels so new and scary still. Our birthing class has helped me feel more prepared and what to expect, however since Liam is still breech I am so worried what my options will be.
- I am worried I will let myself down if I do not end up handling things correctly and getting medication during labor. Ben and I want to have me go natural because, one the needle is scary, two we just want to not have those chemicals in my system and have a better delivery and recovery.
- Recovery makes me cringe.
- Breastfeeding is something I have always said that is a must for me. It still is. I am just worried I will feel lost and not know what to do. I have read into things, and have people to talk to, but it comes down to the fact that everyone is different and you have to figure out how to make it work for your baby and you.
- Caring for an infant in the first few weeks feels so foreign but excited to have him here.
- Lastly, although this is a lot, I know I am not the only one who has had these thoughts before having their first baby. I am okay and I feel good most days. Just lately I have felt overwhelmed.
I know all will be okay. 🙂
Symptoms this week:
- Hot flashes
- Braxton Hick Contractions
- Restless Legs
- Shortness of Breath
- Appetite Increase
- My mother in law Jodi has been giving us updates on the quilt she is making for Liam. It is going to be so cute and pretty! Jodi and Rob have also sent us our crib mattress, sheets, and mattress cover. Soon we will have a cute rail bumper to match! I will be showing pictures of Liam corner once it is finished! 😀
- I have gotten some walking in. I feel so sore and exhausted afterwards but I know it is a good thing. I use to work 8 hrs a day full time before we moved here!
- My mother’s birthday was on the 16th! She had a nice time with my dad at my Aunt Memo’s.
- He is moving a lot!
- He is still breech.
- His movements still don’t hurt all that much. Sometimes if he is moving a lot, I will have some sharp pains on the sides, but nothing bad.
- According to my app, he is about 19 inches and 6 lbs. We will see. 😉
- He is producing meconium.
- His digestive system is the only major system in his body not fully developed yet.
- His reflexes are coming in.
- Facial muscles are building and practicing sucking.
- He is about the size of Cabbage Patch Doll–awwww. 😉
- My belly is measuring at 37 inches from back to belly button.
- I weigh 155 the last time I was checked.
- No stretch marks just yet.